Adult - Case Examples
Thank you for taking the time to research our site and the following examples of adults we have treated may be of interest to you:
- 28 year old singer with vocal cord nodules received therapy to retrain speaking and singing patterns; with therapy the nodules ultimately resolved and her career was unaffected.
- 36 year old male ex-Marine working in sales corrected his lisp (producing the /s/ and /z/ sounds with the tongue protruding forward). While in speech therapy we also slowed down his rate and improved his inflection and general use of conversational intonation patterns which made him a more persuasive speaker.
- 23 year old law student corrected his /r/ sound which he felt made him sound like he had an accent; he reported teasing as a child and was very satisfied after correcting the error pattern.
- 40 year old poet felt he did not speak clearly; we improved general pronunciation of all consonants, particularly finishing all words and improved his oral delivery of his own poems.
- 78 year old retired physician with Parkinson's disease improved loudness and overall speech clarity through intensive speech therapy.
- 56 year old male CEO with unilateral vocal cord paralysis due to medical issues improved vocal cord function and regained vocal strength needed for effective speaking in his position.
- 38 year old singer with vocal cord cyst received voice therapy prior to surgery as well as following surgery to change vocal habits and prevent recurrence of vocal cord pathology; she maintained her career.
- 35 year old pediatrician who stuttered fairly significantly improved speech patterns so he felt comfortable speaking with referring doctors on the phone, which he had not before and overall speech was improved.
- 30 year old elementary school teacher who spoke English as a second language; wanted to eliminate her Russian accent; we carefully analyzed the error and substitution pattern and systematically corrected the phoneme errors as well as worked on phrasing and prosody with tremendous success.
- 32 year old priest was very difficult to understand; we worked on word endings, overall rate of speech and self-monitoring; he was very confident and happy with the results.
Personal Message | Public Speaking | Speech Improvement and Accent Reduction